Performance is very important. It affects everything from user experience to Google rankings as well as conversion rates, and everyone who wants their site to be successful needs to make sure it loads quickly.
WP Rocket is a premium WordPress caching plugin packed with tons of smaller optimization features.
While some other caching plugins do this as well, WP Rocket’s differentiator is that it doesn’t really require any configuration. Just install, click Activate and leave it to it.
So what does WP Rocket do? Here are some of the biggest tweaks that you get when you install this plugin:
- Speeds up your site by only loading certain media content once it enters the visitor’s viewport. Essentially, your site won’t load images and/or videos until absolutely needed.
- Shrinks the size of your site’s code by removing unnecessary content, like whitespace, without changing the code’s functionality.
- Combines multiple files (like multiple CSS files) into a single file.
- Removes queries strings, like “?ver=1.0”, to improve your GTmetrix score.
- Helps you get rid of the famous “Render blocking” warning in Google PageSpeed Insights.
- Lets you clean your database right from WP Rocket, rather than requiring you to install a separate plugin.
WP Rocket is the complete caching deal. It is very simple to configure even for beginners unlike many of its competitor, and although it isn’t a free plugin it is totally worth it.